Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Here we go!

My very first posting on my very first blog. Both scary but exciting. Scary because I am not good at following written instructions (I'm more a visual learner), but exciting because my friends around the world can follow our journey as we remake this new house with our own taste and style.

The home is situated in Southern CA and has four bedrooms and two baths. We bought it a few months ago and have been working on it almost full-time since then. It was a short sale which means that the bank allowed the previous owners to sell it for less than the amount owed.
It was in quite a state when we took possession of it. Several of the appliances were not working. The water to the upstairs toilet was turned off because it was leaking (though this didn't stop someone from using it and leaving a very full bowl for us to find) and the carpet had quite a few additional black stains on it that were not there when we first viewed it. Oh and it was generally very dirty from top to bottom. Obviously no effort had been made to clean it up and several items of junk were left behind for us to deal with including an old and extremely heavy water softener. But Mr Remodel and I saw potential.

Some initial pictures to follow and more postings when I get more use to how this thing works.

2 comments:

  1. Ewww! A "very full bowl"? I had no idea what you were feces...ur, I mean facing, with this job. You and Mr. Remodel are very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if we are brave or we weren't fully aware of what we were facing and got too deep into it to go back.

    ReplyDelete