Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Arrival

Mr. & Mrs. R would like to announce the arrival of a fridge at Chez Remodel (trumpet fanfare).



Here it is (well part of it – it’s shy) hanging out in the living room until the kitchen is done (which is months away at this stage).
It’s a Maytag French Door, freezer at the bottom model. I don’t covet much but I have wanted one of these fridges since I first saw them several years ago. I’ve tried the one door; freezer at the top mode, and the side-by-side model but this new fridge is my favourite. The fridge, which I more often is at waist and above height and I have the full width of the fridge for long trays or extra large pizzas.
No water dispenser on the front - I don’t like the space they take up. There’s a small icemaker in the freezer. The fridge will stick out a bit beyond the cabinets but it costs almost $1,000 to get one of the cabinet depth models. That’s a lot of money for less fridge space. Sorry, it offends the spirits of my frugal Scottish and Jewish ancestry who would come and haunt me were I to buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment